I'm currently available for work starting September 1st, 2016.
Let me blow your expectations out of the water.
Take a look at the results I've generated for clients in the past. Will you be next?
Most of my sites have a very similar experience to them. Although that’s because I’m following best practices for web design, it can get a bit monotonous to be repackaging similar solutions over and over.
That’s why I was very happy when I was approached by the WIPE Diseases Foundation to build something incredibly-unique.
The WIPE Diseases team was experiencing difficulty in getting site visitors to engage with their brand.
I know that’s kind of a buzzword: basically, they were having trouble getting people to signup for their online courses where they educate health professionals about various respiratory diseases.
The problem was a compound one though, because they were trying to manage 3 different customer segments:
After quite a bit of back and forth, we settled on this problem statement:
We need a modern, compelling web presence that appeals to each of our customer segments, and makes it easy for them to either (1) learn more about our brand or (2) sign up for one of the various learning opportunities available on the site.
As always, I broke down the problem into subproblems so we could actually take steps to solve them:
For reference, this was what their current site looked like:
We settled on having 3 different sites:
This was the simplest solution to partition the experience in an intuitive way for the site visitors.
We started on the primary foundation site first.
Fortunately, the team opted to use a template-generation tool to get the job done, so I was able to crank out the first iteration of the experience rather quickly:
As you can see here, the site “feels” very professional and modern. The wipe in the hero image was indicative of their brand name, there is clearly a significant influence on the people behind the organization, and the message is clear.
Though…something was missing. The foundation was positioning themselves as a warm, caring place for healthcare professionals and patients alike to come together and learn.
Although this site hit on almost all the goals we set out from the beginning, there was a mismatch on the brand message. It felt too “cold”.
Here’s how I fixed that:
After tweaking the site aesthetic, this is what I ended up producing:
Here’s some of the highlights of the design that I’ve hand-picked to show you how real business decisions make their way into a site aesthetic:
After we finished with the foundation site, we moved onto the provider education portal. Here’s what it looked like before I got in there and sorted it out:
For the provider site, we had a similar set of goals, with a few added restrictions:
Here’s how I made this a reality:
Some things you can’t see in the picture:
As you see here, the experience is very clearly distinct from the parent site, and once again, the primary CTA in the first section on the page makes it trivially-easy for site visitors to find what they’re (probably) looking for.
Now, there was one last piece to the puzzle! Let’s revisit our goals from before:
That’s right, we still needed a portal for healthcare patients! We’ll be finishing up that part of the project in the next few months, and I’ll come back and update the site here when it’s ready.
I have learned so much working with the WIPE diseases team! Here’s some key takeaways from the project: